Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Meadow Creek Retirement Residence is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities:
- Meal delivery
- Accessible doors malfunction
- Mechanical lifts
- No assistive devices available
- Electrical beds malfunction
Meadow Creek Retirement Residence will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at:
- Concierge Desk (where available),
- Family/Residents Communication Board
- Communication Centre/Nursing Station
Meadow Creek Retirement Residence will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Senior Managers
- Attending Physicians/RN/EC
- Meadow Creek Retirement Residence Staff
This training will be provided to staff within 30 days from hiring and yearly thereafter.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Meadow Creek Retirement Residence’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the TTY, wheelchair lifts, available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Meadow Creek Retirement Residence’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to Meadow Creek Retirement Residence accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Meadow Creek Retirement Residence provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail, verbally, suggestion box, feedback card.
All feedback, including complaints, will be directed to the Administrator
Customers can expect to hear back in within 10 days
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Meadow Creek Retirement Residence that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.